17 Dec Companies House Alert – Annual Levy 2020 for Companies – Payment deadline 31st December 2020
With reference to the above subject, we would like to remind you that all companies incorporated in Cyprus, irrespective of whether there are active or not or have assets or not, are subject to a €350 levy per annum which is normally payable by 30 June of each year.
However, the deadline for the payment of the annual levy for 2020 was extended to 31st December 2020 without the penalty charge of 10% or 30%.
Normally, for those who do not pay the annual levy on time (i.e. by 30 June of each year), the following penalties will apply:
- amount due to be paid is €385 (10% penalty charge is added) if paid within 2 months from 30 June of that year;
- amount due to be paid is €490 (30% penalty charge is added) if paid within 5 months from 30 June of that year;
Non-payment of the levy may result the deregistration (strike-off) of the company from the Registry. The reinstatement of the company to the Registry can be effected only through Court decree. In this case, the following apply:
- an amount of €500 is paid within a period of two years from the struck off date;
- an amount of €750 is paid after the expiration of the two years periods from the struck off date.
You can proceed with the payment of the annual levy online through the JCCsmart website* at:
* If you do not have a JCCsmart payment account you will need to create one first using the link below:
Otherwise, we can take over the payment of the annual levy on your behalf. For doing so, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.